The Sports Center, originally constructed in 1968, has long been home to Forester Athletics. But after the completion of a $17-million, 65,000-square-foot recreation and fitness addition, the building was appropriately renamed the Lake Forest College Sports and Recreation Center. This building now provides ample space for both varsity athletic competition (basketball games, volleyball matches, swimming & diving meets, and handball tournaments) and training as well as club sports, intramurals, and general recreation. The completion of this project helps the College to emphasize its commitment to full-body wellness for all students, faculty, and staff. Photos of the building and its features and hours are listed below.
- Original gymnasium (basketball, volleyball) seats 1,200
- 25-meter swimming pool with diving well and bleachers seating 300
- 1,200-square-foot training room with two offices and separate areas for hydrotherapy, treatment, and rehab
- 9,600-square-foot weight room which includes nine half-racks, Hammer-Strength free weight equipment, full lines of selectorized equipment, and 10 Precor cardio machines
- 2,500-square-foot cardio suite with 34 Precor cardio machines
- 1,200-square-foot dance studio
- 1,800-square-foot batting cage
- 1/10-mile three-lane suspended running track
- 22 flat-screen televisions
- Three playing surfaces (wood court, tartan-surface, and artificial turf) with total of 12 basketball hoops, three drop-down volleyball systems, and tennis court capability on the poured surface
- Seven varsity lockers rooms for home and visiting teams
- Day-use locker rooms
- Three team meeting rooms with 55" televisions
- Athletic office suite with three offices and a conference room
- Three handball/racquetball courts
- Golf practice "lab"
- Multi-purpose room (converted from squash court)
- Tiernan Trophy Room and Forester Athletic Hall of Fame
- Cafe/concession stand in lobby
For facility rental information and availability, contact ...
Operations Director for Athletic Facilities
Athletic Facilities Director