Thanks to a land donation from Senator Charles B. Farwell, who also funded the College’s gymnasium 13 years earlier, Farwell Field was opened in 1903 for Lake Forest’s football and baseball teams. It has been home to Forester football ever since and was renovated prior to the 2004 season. New bleachers and a state-of-the-art press box were constructed and artificial grass was installed on the field itself. It also became the permanent home of the College’s soccer teams at that time.
- Artificial turf installed in 2004 and resurfaced in summer 2017
- Regulation football and soccer field
- Press box with phone and data line accessibility
- Bleacher seating and standing room (total capacity 2000)
- Adjacent to Halas Hall, which includes locker rooms and meeting rooms
For facility rental information and availability, contact...
Operations Director for Athletic Facilities